Thursday, January 21, 2010

SEEK.COM....AND FIND FRUSTRATION article by Stax

SEEK.COM....AND FIND FRUSTRATION

At a time when national unemployment is at an all time low, and people are advertising positions in shop windows, should we be rejoicing? Our workplace rights are slowly fading into extinction. We are forced to accept unreasonable conditions, or face the tiresome efforts of a jobsearch.

Short of walking door to door with a resume in hand, or going through the paper filled with promotional marketing con jobs or truckie jobs in Kalgoorlie, the biggest and most succesful way is the internet. Primarily seek.com.

I myself am currently seeking full time employment.
My last job offered me NO opportunies for advancement, NO stability, and generally were just nasty fashion pasties to work for. I'd applied for that position via a sign in their window.

In looking for a job I'm hoping to be a lot happier in, I found that 90% of positions advertised on seek.com were through recruitment agencies.

One retail recruitment agency which features prominently on seek.com are THE WORST I have ever encountered. Not only will they send you one hour away for job interview positions that, quite frankly, are an insult to ability, but give incorrect locations and fail to foward resumes to prospective employers prior to arranged meetings.

I'M SO MAD I COULD PUNCH SOMEONE! Agencies like this should be punished. I am more than capable of approaching businesses unaided by a middleman to put my best foot forward. However, with job recourses being limited to the likes of seek.com, and advertised by corrupt companies paid to fill these vacancies I'm left with the feeling of a giant coporate rod up my- well..you fill in the blanks.

I WRITES BETTER THAN I TALKS...(GUFFAW) What can be done about this injustice? Well, other than eating my own (and my partners) bodywieght in chicken so no one will look at me for employment and I can claim disability, I move for a boycott.

These people get paid on a basis of how many positions they fill. Regardless off the applicants ability, locality, or even interest!

We are just pawns, doomed to move from one useless position to another 'til eventually you die.

I DON'T WANT TO DIE IN A SURFSHOP! I'm 23 years old. I am smart. I am creative. I understand consumerism. I am better than minimum wage.

In saying that...maybe it's time to work for myself, no job in the world is worth being miserable every day.

Written by Stax

No comments:

Post a Comment